Full course description
Building upon a basic understanding of accounting, this course expounds on the functional oversight of accounting and finance through modules on management, transactions, reporting and planning, with the goal of preparing the learner for the role of controller.
Who Is It for?
This certificate is tailored for ambitious accounting professionals aspiring to advance into a controller position, or a newly appointed controller looking to upskill.
· Fully online
· Engaging presentation of content with no live or scheduled lectures
· Move through the material at your own pace within the dates indicated
· Facilitator responds to questions throughout the course and leads optional online group meet-ups (discussions, projects, Q & A, etc.)
· Develop an in-depth understanding of financial reporting and analysis
· Interpret and utilize financial data for informed decision-making
· Proficiency in budgeting, forecasting, and cost management, enhancing one’s ability to optimize resource allocation and drive organizational profitability
· The Controller Position and Functions
· Key Elements of Cash and Accounts Receivable
· Accounting for Fixed Assets
· Accounts Payable and Vendors
· Closing the Financial Books
· Financial Statements and Management Reports
How to Apply Your Certificate
While this course does not confer any professional accreditations, upon successful completion of this certificate, participants will be well-prepared for a first controller position, probably at a small company/organization.